Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It's not a cupcake, it's a muffin. Trust me. I'm the mom.

Woke up around 5 this morning because I was having contractions so hard they made me want to puke.  So then I started freaking out about everything I hadn't accomplished yet and what if I was going to have this baby today.  Did I really want to go through labor again?  (haha, I know, I know, I don't really have a choice, but that is still how my brain works)

So I tried to sleep but couldn't, thus making me VERY drowsy all morning.

When it came time to get everyone breakfast, which consists of pulling bowls out of the cupboard and trying to get all the cereal orders right with the right spoons because of course that matters to each of my kids.

"I want the mixed up chameleon kind!  Part honeycomb, part lucky charms!"
"Sorry, we are all out of honeycomb."
Child collapses to the floor in utter despair because of course his day would be miserable now that it didn't start with at least one piece of honeycomb in his bowl.  Sad thing is, when it comes to cereal, I totally understand.  I probably made them this way by my freakish obsession with the substance.

Each bag only had like a 1/2 cup of cereal left each.  Which meant everybody had barely enough.  Except Matthew.  And I could give him Lucky Charms (note, they aren't actually the REAL Lucky Charms, it is the knock off brand, I just still don't know the real name), but then he would only eat the marshmallows and get serious sugar high and cranky and I'm sure his teeth would rot through out the day.

So being the incredible mom I am, I gave him a cupcake.

They didn't have frosting on them yet and they are caramel flavored so they are darker in color, looking like whole wheat muffins.  So that is what I told Matthew's brothers when they complained that they didn't get a cupcake for breakfast.

"Sorry, this is a special one, it is a muffin.  The other ones aren't as healthy."

I mean, if you tell yourself believing it enough, it has got to be true right?  I felt a little like Bill Cosby.  Chocolate cake...it has eggs and flour.  :)

I can't believe I have lowered myself to deceiving my children just so I don't have to do anything as strenuous as making toast.  But that is the privilege of a woman 2 1/2 weeks away from their due date, right?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment