Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission

The youngest of my four brothers, Ammon, just left yesterday to go on a 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  He will be serving in the Brazil...(I am going to do this phonetically since spelling is not my strong suit) Cudachiba South mission.  I am so proud of him, but a little sad cuz I will miss him lots.  He comes over and is very entertaining, he would tell me funny stories, play with my kids and play his ukulele...for hours.  I loved it and will miss it.  But I am excited to actually get letters in the mail from a real person and not bills or junk.  Plus, the boys are going to have someone else to give their mountainous amounts of drawings too (hooray!)

Since his birthday is this coming Friday, we celebrated it on Sunday.  For some reason I love making fun cakes even though I am not the best baker, but I love the cake creative-ness.  So I made a shirt cake, complete with name tag.  :)  Way too fun.


Then we had to get a photo with Ammon and the boys.  I was still in my pj's and not really wanting to be photographed, but since I have one of the boys in me, I had to be in the pics as well.  :)  I'm excited to see how different they all look in two years when Ammon gets home.  That will be a fun comparison.

 And of course Tys and Ammon.  I am so glad Tys gets along with my family so well.  He loves them all and I think they all think of him as a real brother, and I'm really glad.
We will miss you Elder Hardy!  So be prepared for the mass quantities of mail you are going to receive!!  It will be weird, 12 years from now we will begin our 8 years of at least one of our boys on a mission...maybe more depending on if our last try for a girl ends up going how the last four have.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he's gone already!! Wasn't he just 16? Weird!

    ReplyDelete