Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Recharge

I love General Conference weekend.  I used to kind of dread it as a child, it was nice to not have to get dressed up and just watch "church" on TV, but it was kind of boring too.  I obviously didn't grasp how amazing it is to listen to the Lord's true prophet and apostles.  I am so thankful for my parents though, that no matter the fuss we kids threw, they watched or listened to Conference and they did their best to get all seven of us to at least listen to a few sessions without falling asleep.  (listen or watch any of the sessions of Conference here)

By some miracle and I am not quite sure why, but my kids LOVE Conference.  It is the same thing with vegetables, they love them.  I don't know how we got so lucky, but I am thankful.  We spent Saturday morning painting a fence in town (okay, I was in the car most of the time with Andrew, it was really cold, but Tyson was awesome and was serving), and we got home just before noon to quickly set up the projector, fix lunch and sit down as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was singing.  Josh had his journal on his lap (his most recent grocery shopping trip request), ready to take notes.  Matthew and Caleb were so ready to listen too. 

It makes me so happy to have the word of the Lord in our home.  I know I am not the best at living it, and so quickly I forget to be kind and loving, but I know all about starting over again and trying to be better than I was the day (or moment) before. 

The Lord is so good to us, He truly does love us.  He loves my little boys and I am so thankful He trusted me to take care of them, love them and teach them to be like Him and to share His gospel.  I know with His help, I will be able to.  I just need to keep doing all I can.

That is why my kids are watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so I can write this and take a few deep breaths before I have to take the ipad back and we go on our own adventure to get Josh from the bus stop.  Every captain needs a few moments recharge before leading the troops, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment