Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Resolve to Be Better at Living My Resolutions...Again

So you know how you make all those resolutions at the beginning of the year and then right about now you find that piece of paper that you wrote everything down on and you want to incinerate it because, let's face it, you haven't done hardly any of those things?  Either that, or you are like me and think (because I am ever the procrastinator), 8 months until I really need to accomplish these things? That is PLENTY of time!  Haha.  Well, Tyson had a goal to run a 5k this month and I wanted to run it with him, but well, just like every other year, I haven't gone running once.  So I would be lucky if I could run a block, much less over three miles.

But at the same time, it is good to constantly remember all the good things I am doing and goals I am actually accomplishing.  Caleb is learning to read (mostly that is due to his diligence rather than mine, but let's not talk about that), Matthew and Andrew are pretty much sleeping through the night, not sure if that is because I am so tired I don't wake up from them, but either way, they learn to stay asleep.  :) 

Goals are really awesome things.  Even if they make me feel a little bummed about myself, it is still a really great tool to shake me awake and say "hey, Cami, DO something with your life besides just look busy!" 

On that note, I saw something on Facebook that mentioned that yesterday was don't do any housework day.  So I totally got on that ban wagon.  It was quite refreshing.  Especially since I ended up going outside with the boys and we played hide-and-seek with "treasure."  (it was a bag of fake gems)  It was SO much fun!  I don't know why I don't go outside and play with them more often.  I loved listening to Caleb go "Wormer-wormer-hodder-hodder-colder-colder" for like five minutes while Josh and Matthew would turn around in circles searching (Caleb is a master hider).  And Matthew was SO excited to be included and allowed to hide the treasure occasionally.  And Josh of course talked the whole time telling me everything he learned at school.

"Did you know the moon isn't a magnet?"
"Did you know a compass works in buildings, under water, in the basement, everywhere?"
"Did you know Pluto is the furthest thing from the sun?  But it isn't a planet anymore."
"Did you know that my friend Bryce moved SO far away that I will never see him again.  That makes me sad."
"Did you know I switched tables at school?"

Sometimes I wonder if his teacher taught him these things or if he is learning some things from other kids and taking it as truth, and since I know...let's just say, I don't know everything, I have no idea if it is factual.  I start to believe everything he says and then I think, "what if I start telling people things like a compass works under water and it totally doesn't?" 

Sometimes it is hard having a kid that is learning so much.  I guess it is a good thing we have the internet, so I can check and see if he is right, because we KNOW everything on the internet is true.  :)

So this morning I woke up and resolved to do more and be better.  But then I saw the sink and remembered yesterday was don't do any housework day.  And so as Tyson told me it would be, today is regret you didn't do any housework day.  :)  But not totally regret, because that half an hour of treasure hunting was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment