Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter






So all my life I grew up loving Easter. My parents love to pretend and make every holiday crazy fun. My mom would write all these little notes, weeks before Easter, from the Easter bunny and leave them where we would find them. Then on Easter we would have these huge baskets that my parents would hide around the yard. Each basket was individualized for each of us and it was so much fun. I am so excited for next year and the many years after as Josh grows up and gets siblings and each holiday becomes entirely crazy and fun. I want my kids to have a crazy imagination like I did and have them feel like it is all real and magical. This Easter, although Josh slept through most of it, was really fun. Josh has been really sick lately, and so both Tyson and I were pretty tired from sleepless nights, so we slept as soon as we got home from church until right before dinner. (I am so thankful for crockpots, they cook for me) Then Kenni and her new husband Chris came over. I hid eggs around our apartment and then I sent Kenni, Chris and Tyson on a hunt. It was so fun! We ate dinner and watched Enchanted. It was so funny because KJ called that night and he told me he and his finacee, Courtney, watched "The Lamb of God" and I felt so awful saying "Oh, we watched 'Enchanted'." It was pretty funny. But even with the humor, it really struck me, I have never really focused on Christ much around Easter. So I picked up our Ensign from this month, beautiful by the way, and just started reading. It was reallly neat because all this week I have really been seeing just how amazing Christ's Atonement is. It is something I have always known, but still I seem to find it more and more amazing the more I study it. The peace it brings is unexplainable. I am so thankful for it. I testify that Christ is real, and He did die for us, because He loves us and He wants so much for us to be happy. Being a parent now, I can now feel a part of the love Heavenly Father surely feels for us, and it is amazingly strong. I am so thankful.



P.S.- Thank you Heather for what you said about your Easter experience. I have always been so strengthened by your testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment