Thursday, September 12, 2013

Just so Thankful for my Love

I am a die hard romantic.  I love romantic comedies, I love cute (not sleazy) romantic novels, I love any love story.  Seriously, I have spent countless nights staying up late reading them, giggling like a little girl and crying with the characters. 

It is ridiculous.

But not.

Love is the most beautiful thing.  All emotions are strong and powerful and Satan tries to mimic the emotion of love with lust, but it is nothing like it.

It may seem weird but love almost feels like an energy.

I have been so blessed with my relationship with Tyson.  He is my very best friend.  The whole world can feel horrible and sad and stressful, and then Tyson walks in the door and everything is set right.  It is like all the bad stuff just dissolves when he is near.

We have are disagreements and he does often drive me nuts, but that just makes me love him more.  And it is true that we fell in love really fast and we are pretty perfect for each other, but we also have to work at staying in love.  Falling in love is easy, staying that way when everything around you is changing, and you are changing, isn't easy.  But it is fun when you make it that way and the results are wonderful.

The other night, I woke up with little Andrew, fed him, burped him, changed him, swaddled him and rocked him, put him back in bed and then with sheer exhaustion literally crawled into bed.  I was just going to lay on my pillow and slip into slumber, but I rolled over a little and touched my forehead to Tyson's.  He was completely asleep and didn't respond in any way, but I felt an energy from him.  It may sound weird, but even unconscious, I could feel his love for me.  It somehow helped me be not so weary, to feel happy even when I felt so worn out and frustrated.

I don't know what all the rest of our lives hold or how difficult they will be, but I'm excited to be more and more in love with my Tyson. 

It is like loving my kids, it always amazes me how I can love them all and love them so intensely.  I don't know how it is possible to love Tyson more than the day before, but it is, and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Cami, you are absolutely a writer. This post is beautifully written! I can't wait to one day, if you let me, read a book you write--I can only imagine your books are totally fantastic.

    ReplyDelete