Sunday, July 22, 2012

Looking on the Positive Side

I have been doing a little researching for other blogs that promote uplifting marriages and I came across an article here about mormon blogs.  I thought it was really interesting and although I don't think I post all the time about how perfect my life is, I try to only write good things because I want to think about the good things in life, not the bad.  If I focus too much on the bad stuff, I turn into a horrible sad person that is cranky all the time.  I have a tendency towards depression and having a bad temper, so I have to be really careful how I think.  So this post was really neat that someone that isn't a mormon enjoys reading mormon blogs because for the most part they are uplifting.
I'm not saying it is bad to write about bad things that happen or about crappy days.  I just like it when there is a positive twist to it, where you feel good after you read it, not bummed out.  It is really great for me to write when I am frustrated, because it helps work out my anger instead of taking it out on my kids or any person that enters my house.  But still, I try not to tell anyone else about it because 1- I don't want anyone to know all the mean things I think, they wouldn't like me anymore and 2- I don't want to say mean things especially ever about my family or people I love because I don't want them to think bad about or judge them.  3- And isn't it just nicer to read a happy story?

So thanks to whoever wrote that post.  Life only happens once, why not have every day be a good one?

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! It's too easy to get stuck and dwell on the hard or not so good parts of life, being positive takes work (at least for me) so that's where I'm going to focus my efforts, on the positive stuff and work on turning the negative into positive. This topic has been on my mind a lot lately, glad to read your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete