Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday, Saturday, was an amazing day in my life. Tyson and I slept in until 8 (sad, that is late for us), and played with Josh. I love Saturdays because they are the only day that I get to spend all day with Tyson. Josh is so happy in the mornings and he loves it when his daddy is there when he wakes up and can stay and play. It is like the movies with the Mom and Dad in bed and the little kids coming in and they rough house and laugh (only, Josh can't come running, we go get him). Then we went into town and out to lunch, then walked to the bank. Then we went to this cool bookstore, I absolutely love bookstores, I could live in them or a library and be completely happy. We got "The Hobbit" and a few 'Little Critter' books for Josh. Then we drove to another town about 15 min. away and took pictures of all the pretty trees ( I LOVE Virginia in the Spring, there really is no other place like this is the world! ), and went to Walmart to get plants. Then we went to Kenni and Chris's and got some wood for planter boxes and talked to them for a little while. When we finally went home again, the clouds were piling up in the sky and little drops of rain were falling, but my he-man built a planter box. (I love watching Tyson work his magic, it is fascinating all the little things he knows or just figures out how to do, especially when it involves muscles. Perhaps I am awful, but I still find it so incredibly attractive :) ) Then we planted all our beautiful new flowers. I thought I knew everything about my darling husband, but often I find there is so much to him that I never realized before. Like yesterday, he loves planting, and he is really good at it. I on the other hand, have a black thumb, I am lucky if I can get flowers to survive a week, and animals, that is just one sad story after another, and so having a child was the greatest leap of faith I have ever taken. :) But seriously, I'm not kidding. Well, so then after the plants were all in their new soil, Tyson worked on his 40 page research paper (also something he loves doing, crazy) and I tried not to bug him. Then Kenni and Chris came over, made brownies and we talked for awhile. (I love that girl, by the by) And then Tyson and I read "The Hobbit" until we couldn't keep our eyes open.

-side note, yes, Josh really was with us this whole time, he just slept for most of it (suprisingly).-

Perhaps some may say that all that stuff is just normal, or really busy, but I hadn't had so much fun in a long time. I love being with my family, and I love being with Tyson. It was so wonderful, the weather was perfect and I was just so happy. I was with the people I love, doing things I enjoy, making our world a little prettier. I can't really explain to people just how hard a marriage becomes when a kid enters the scene. People used to try to tell me, but I always thought I would be the exception. Well, I'm not. Josh is adorable and a great kid, but Tyson and I are really different with him and because of him, in both good and bad ways. We both get a lot less sleep, he costs a lot of money, Tyson has to work a lot harder, and so do I, but not for money anymore, so that also equals less income. We are never really alone, and rarely do I ever think about anything but Josh when we are away from him. But we also love the little guy, he has taught us so much about patience and charity and families, God and Eternity. I know there will be tons of hard times in the future, and only more kids and less time together as just me and my hunny. But, I will always look back to this day and smile, it was just perfect. And I am so thankful for Heavenly Father and that His ways are so much greater than my own. I would never had had this joy if not for Him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cam that was so wonderful to read and I'm glad you have it recorded for times when it's not so great. You can read this and remember your happy day. I love spending time with Josh too {my husband } and it is so rare when I get to see him. I loved reading about your happy day. I also love VA in the spring. It is so so so beautiful and in the fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savor the moments! I try not to tally up the day, bad or good, but remember the sweet moments. Tyson sounds like a fantastic guy. Wish you and Kenne were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute spamala. I'm glad last week was a happy one for you! I feel so special Chris and i can share all the fun with you guys...wahaha, selfish me!

    ReplyDelete