Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ode to Abigail Marie

All my life I have wondered what it would be like to have an older sister. I often watched people confide in their big sister and tell them stories and get all sorts of good advice. Well, I may not have a biologically older sister, but lucky for me Yance had a girlfriend in high school that became one of my best friends. Kenni and I used to go over to Abby's house and watch movies and have sleepovers. All three of us would sleep in her bed and not wake up tell the late afternoon. Yance was gone in the military and she had become like family. She taught me how to wear makeup (not that I ever do now though) and how to flirt and go cruising. She taught me to love singing and music, and to not be so shy. She taught me about certain clothing must always match, and she taught me to love Yance when I didn't really get along with him at all. I was 12 years old when she came into my life and even last night, I called her long after Tyson and Josh had gone to bed and we talked for a few hours. I still follow in her footsteps, I got married a year after she did, I got pregnant a year after she did, and I had a little boy a year after she did, and I named him Joshua, like she did.
Abigail Marie,
thank you for being my sister, and my friend. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet. It's so great to have friends for life. I never had an older sister either but I always wanted one.

    ReplyDelete