Monday, February 1, 2010

Weirdest Dream Ever

Okay, so I am just one of those people that is always having weird dreams. But last night, was weirder than most and I remember it better than any of them which makes me wonder, what does it mean? I don't really think that all dreams mean something, but honestly what is going on in my subconscious?!

Dream:
First thing I remember is that I am sitting on a couch, this huge ugly red one. And a kid, I think it was Josh, was pulling on my wedding ring. Suddenly the diamonds just fly off and fall into the couch. I start freaking out and dig around the cushions looking for them. I start pulling out all these random jewels of all shapes and sizes, but none of them are mine. My dream mind says "wow, a lot of people have lost their wedding ring jewels the same place as me."
So I put a few in my pocket to see if they will work on the cheap wire band on my finger (totally not like the one in real life).

Then my mom is there and she says "what are you doing?" I tell her what happened and she says "that's what you get for getting a cheap ring." (which she totally would never say or think and my ring is sweet, not cheap at all) So then I get really mad at my mom and tell her to stop making me feel awful and then I slap her! Weird huh? Then in my dream land I feel awful about it, erase that part of the dream and just ignore her. Like I said, weird.

So then my mom leaves saying "fine, take care of your own kids." I saw "fine." And then I go to another room where Prof. Jones and his wife are sitting there. I tell them my ring predicament and he says "Oh, I have had this kit since I was like 7, let me fix it." So I am really happy as he whips out this huge kit (that looks like something that belongs in the dentist's office). His wife is grinning and tells me it has been his dream to fix jewelry. As she says this, I take super glue and stick this huge hollow cupcake shape jewel onto the band, with another small one. But I think to myself, I am missing one diamond. Then Prof. Jones looks over and sees that I took care of it myself and he is totally bummed because he didn't get to fix it.

Then I hear a baby crying and I go into the other room and Caleb is laying on the table screaming because I have left him there by himself for so long. So what do I do? Leave him and walk down this weird hallway and into another room where I see a few couples watching TV, one of which is my friend Shannon and her husband. I ask them for help watching my kids. So they come running out saying they are late for a game. And I think "jeepers! I am suppose to be in that game!"

So I go running, grab my kids and run to this football game. I set my screaming kids on the sideline and run to the front of this parade where I am suppose to be a the queen bumblebee or something. I am wearing my wedding dress with a little yellow shrug, running down the field. Then I think, "why am I doing this and no one is watching my kids? I can hear them crying."

Then I wake up and Josh and Caleb were both crying, it was 5 am. They didn't go back to sleep. Crazy dream huh? Didn't even make sense in any way. Thus it only adds to my hypochondria-ness that I am pregnant. I always think I am. It is pretty funny. Ha ha, I'll let you know.

5 comments:

  1. holy smokes spam! That really IS a crazy dream!! I personally think that all dreams have meanings, but this one I'm not so sure :) go to dreams.com that's where I go for my oh so brilliant interpretation...yup, I do crap like that. I have been having a ton of dreams that i'm in public bathrooms and they are all super disgusting and I can't get out of them. So I look it up right? well apparantly it means I need some cleansing in my life of some sort. So i'm confused, "i'm happy, I got a good family, hubby, child, dog, what do I need cleansing of" well dreams keep happening and I go back and read it again, then I realize, holy cow, I've been wanting to get into shape, I want a body cleansing. Ha! I've discovered my public bathroom dreams and since I've been working out, they haven't come back. I'm happy cause they're gross.

    Long story, sorry:) But thanks for you dream sharing, sounds insane! glad it wasn't real cause...well that would be a little crazy

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy. I can see why you might be hypochondriatic-ish (there's a convoluted non-word for you). I'm sure a psychiatrist would have a field day with all the subconcious possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha...I can't stop laughing! I'm impressed that you remembered so much of this dream. A lot happened! Haha, anyway I'm glad to hear from you because I really miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing...

    So there was a lot of yellow in your dream... you should look that up and a recurring theme having to do with wedding apparel (your ring, others' rings, wedding dress, etc.). You should look that up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I did it for you. I was curious myself.

    Yellow:
    The color yellow has both positive and negative connotations. If the dream is a pleasant one, then the color yellow is symbolic of intellect, energy, agility, happiness, harmony, and wisdom. On the other hand, if the dream is an unpleasant one, then the color represents cowardice and sickness. You may have a fear or an inability to make a decision or take action. As a result, you are experiencing many setbacks.

    Wedding Dress:
    To wear a wedding dress in your dream, indicates that you are evaluating and assessing your personal relationship.

    To see someone else wearing a wedding dress, suggests that you are feeling inferior or unworthy.

    Wedding Ring:
    To see a wedding ring in your dream, represents completeness and eternal love. If you are not married and find a wedding ring, then it may mean that your personal relationship has reached a new level.

    To dream that you lost your wedding ring, signify a problem or unresolved issue in your marriage.

    Crying Baby:
    To dream of a crying baby, indicates that a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs some nurturing. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life. If you dream that a baby is neglected, then it suggests that you are not paying enough attention to yourself. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, this dream could represent your fears about your own children and your ability to protect and to provide for them.

    To see or call for a babysitter in your dream, indicates that you need to acknowledge and work on your inner child.

    Mother:
    To see your mother in your dream, represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development.

    To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother, denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that still need to be worked out with your mother.

    Professor:
    To see a professor in your dream, symbolizes higher learning and wisdom. You will have prominence in some field.

    Jewels:
    To see or wear jewels in your dream, signifies a value within yourself or within others in which you admire and cherish. It also symbolizes pleasure, riches, ambition and spiritual protection.

    To find jewels in your dream, signifies rapid advancement.

    Well there are some interpretations of different symbols in your dream... let me know what you think. :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete