Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Parenting


Being a mom is probably the best thing in my life. I love it so much. I have never been so tired, never been so worried, and never been so happy and fulfilled. When people talk about being single, or "kidless," I sometimes get jealous, because I don't have that freedom anymore. Every decision I make effects Josh. Even at 12 weeks old, he is starting to mimick me. He smiles when I smile, and gets anxious when I'm upset. The burden is immense, much more than I ever imagined. But I have never had such a rewarding experience either. When he learns something new, I feel like it should be national news. And my favorite is that I am his world. He looks to me for comfort, for food, for rest, and for love. It is so terrifying and yet so special, I just cannot explain it. I do not ever blame people for waiting to have kids, because sometimes I wish we could have been more prepared, but I also wish everyone could know this happiness. I know all of you will love being moms, but take my advice and live it up while you aren't. Cuz once you're a mom, you're a mom for eternity. It's great, and I would never go back, but the Lord gives you time to get ready for a reason. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes my ready season has been LONG. I know what you mean about life never being the same. I'm trying to appreciate this kidless time I have now but it's hard to sometimes when you just feel like something is missing you know. I'm sure you are the best mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten,
    I understand what you mean about something missing. I forgot about that feeling, I wanted to have kids right away but Tyson wanted me to graduate first. So every month I just kept praying and I really wanted a kid, but I kept feeling that it was better for us to wait a little. But that was a really hard time. I was so thankful when we felt it was time for us to have kids and we got really lucky and had one right away. So I'm sure you will get what you feel like you are missing soon enough. :) Thanks for being so understanding.

    ReplyDelete