Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Knowledge

I think I am finally learning that my kids will always continue to amaze me.  They just think so much and ask so many questions.  And not like "what time is it?" (they ask that too), but like "why is the sky blue," and "why does Daddy have to work?," and "why do we need money?"  For little boys, I think they are pretty deep and think way more about life than I ever do.  I take so much for granted and rarely ask questions.  I have been studying knowledge in the scriptures during the last few days and I realized that since I have graduated from college, I still wanted to learn things, but that need has just been dwindling.  It hasn't been my main focus.  And I can feel a huge gap in my progress often because I haven't been taking the time to learn new things.  Thankfully I have great kids that make me think on a daily basis.  I get really worried because there are so many questions I don't know the answers to.  I came across this scripture and this really helps:

"78 Teach ye diligently and my agrace shall attend you, that you may be binstructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand;
 79 Of things both in aheaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must bshortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the cnations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a dknowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—
 80 That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to amagnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the bmission with which I have commissioned you." 

So I just need to be more diligent in learning and my teaching and I know the Lord will help me learn what I need to and remember it at the right time so I can teach my little ones what they need to know when they need to know it.  Not just spiritual things, but things in the heaven and on the earth and under the earth.  What a neat promise.

Oh and this scripture was really awesome too: "aWisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get bunderstanding."  Proverbs 4:7

I have been also wanting to develop a new talent (I have been working on doing Personal Progress with the Young Women), and I can't think of one that I want to develop.  Any ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment