Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"
-1 Corinthians 15:55

I feel like that is what the weather today is shouting. It is so perfect, so beautiful: slightly overcast, but warm, with a slight breeze. Every tree is budding, daffodils are out in full force, little birds are tweeting and nests are being built in the crannies of trees. Even though I get slightly frustrated, I am so thankful that I need to walk everywhere. It is such a perfect excuse to enjoy this weather. It is a time of renewing and life. Nothing could be prettier.

I love that I have a little baby at this time too. Matthew is 6 months old now, but just at that age where he is reaching for me and just adores me. It melts my heart. Babies have such a newness and a love and curiosity for everything. I wish I could be more like my little Matthew. So forgiving, so loving of anyone and everyone. I had several people at church today just want to hold him. How would that be, that people just want to drop everything to be around you because you are so loving and kind? I need to be more like that.

So yeah, that is what we are doing today, loving spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment