Thursday, October 21, 2010

Psalms

This morning I finally finished reading the book of Psalms in the Bible. I have never been very good at reading scripture at a quick pace, it takes me months to read each book. I have really enjoyed Psalms, I find each chapter fascinating. I find little verses that seem to apply to me, like having a quiver full of children, or how the Lord blesses grass to grow, which He has, our lawn is growing beautifully. The Lord is incredible. I love that every chapter acknowledges how great God is and how infinite His mercy is. The last verse in the last chapter is my very favorite, "Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord."

It is far too often that I complain about life and how tired I am or how much I have to do. There is so little I recognize the Lord for, when really He is blessing me immeasurably each second. So I am writing this to praise the Lord. I know He has given me everything I have, and I am so thankful for Him. It is hard to write what exactly I am feeling, but I just had to say this to as many people as I could and this was the best way I could think of. I love the Lord, I know He is real and He loves each of us more than we can even believe. So, look around you, and praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment