Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Many Cooper Adventures

Wow, my blogging is long overdue. Let me first tell of my traveling adventures. Josh and I spent about a week in Washington with Tyson's family and we had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect and so both of us wanted to be outside almost the whole time. Josh got to go swimming in their little kid pool (we had to bring hot water from inside to put in it because it was so cloudy and coldish that day). He LOVES the water. We went to his Aunt Katie and Uncle Josh's house that they just bought. Josh loved this one closet and would hide in there over and over again. It was really cute.
We went to the zoo, and there were TONS of people there, making it really exhausting and crowded, but we still had fun. This is Josh waiting for the birds to fly over in the bird exhibit thing that we watched. I think his favorite animal though was the little groundhog things because he was able to get close enough to see them and there weren't many people there. He did find a fountain and he played and got soaked in that. I didn't take any pictures though, I was just trying to keep him from drinking it. ;)


This is him riding in the kid car. He loved this thing and from dawn till dusk, he spent most of his time in it.


This is a very blurry picture of Tyson's sister, Cassie, at her high school graduation. We were up really high in the bleachers so this is a very zoomed in shot. This is also where I first met Tyson's old girlfriend and still really close friend of the family, Angela. It was kind of weird at first but she was really nice and we talked for a long time.

Here is Mom Cooper in the hammock with Josh. I also had to zoom in on this one. If Josh saw me, he would freak out and want to come to me and not be with anyone else. It was slightly frustrating, but it made me feel loved at the same time.
P.S.- I want a yard to hang a hammock in.


Mom and Dad Cooper and Josh.




Then Josh and I flew to California to spend about a week with my family. I was really nervous about it because Josh was already pretty sick of traveling and I was already exhausted, but it ended up being really fun every day. I didn't take many pictures, sorry, I got distracted and forgot it most of the time.

We went on a lot of walks though, which Josh loved. This is Ammon and Josh (whose names I kept mixing up, I guess I am already a real mom :) ) Ammon really was happy and he loved Josh, but he had an angry face in the picture. Hehe

Here is KJ feeding the cows and Josh watching intently. Both the cows were huge pregnant, I felt like we had a lot in common.



Father's Day dinner. It was a lot of fun to be with my own dad for father's day. It has been a long time. It was sad that Tyson had to be alone without his little boy(s) and me though. It was a yummy dinner and it was Yance and Kimmy's anniversary too, so that was cool.



4 generation shot. It was really neat and I'm glad Mama had us take the picture.



I took this the morning we left to come back home. Dad really wanted me to get a shot of the two of them. It was cute how excited my dad was to be with Josh because Josh is old enough now he is fun to play with.



We did lots of other things too, like going to Dennis the Menace Park, I took my Mama out to lunch, I hung out a lot with Courtney which was great, Ammon Carmel and I took Josh swimming and he freaked out but loved it at the same time, we had a lot of movie nights with ice cream, we went to the beach as a family and KJ buried Josh in the sand, and then all the boys went sand cliff jumping, it was crazy. Mostly I just spent a lot of time with everyone in the family. It was a lot of fun. The weekend Ammon and Chanson are coming out for EFY this week and I cannot wait to hang out more with them.
So then Josh and I went home...kind of. My dad gave me a father's blessing in the airport parking lot before we left and it was really wonderful. Blessings are such amazing things. Then they (Mama, Dad and Carmel) walked me to check-in, then to the gate. Which I'm glad they did, it wasn't really a stroller-friendly place. It was weird leaving them as I went through security. I wanted so bad to go home to Tyson, and yet, even though I have left my family many times over the past few years, it never gets easier. But Josh and I boarded the plane and he was really good on our flight to Las Vegas. That is where I learned that I should have never complained about my flight, I had it pretty good then. Just as we were about 10 minutes away from Vegas, a freak storm hit and we had to detour to Ontario, California. We landed and waited there for about an hour, then we flew back to Vegas. By the time we got there, my connecting flight was long gone. So in confusion, I walked around the airport until I saw a flight going close to where we needed to go. So I talked to them and they told me that this flight was full and the next time they could get me a flight wasn't until the next day. I freaked. I thought of spending the night with a toddler in an airport and I wanted to collapse and die there. They told me they wouldn't pay for my hotel since it was weather, but they could get me a good deal. The lady was really nice and helped me a lot, but I still have my suspicions that the "freak storm" was all a hoax to make people delayed and have to spend the night in Vegas and gamble their money away, thus improving the economy in Vegas. :) Just kidding, kind of.
So Josh and I stayed at this sweet hotel, except I was terrified and wanted it to all be over the whole time. I refuse to ever travel without my husband, ever, ever again. However, Josh did love it and we do have some fun memories now. So here are some pictures of us at the airport the next morning eating breakfast and just being crazy.




When we finally got home the next day, I don't think I have ever been so happy to see Tyson. We have had a lot of fun since. We got a five day weekend for the 4th of July and we have been doing tons of fun stuff. We went to a safari park, Boxerwood, played a ton, went to Kip's wedding (which was gorgeous by the way, the perfect way to spend my birthday), Kenni and Chris threw us a birthday bbq. Seriously, it has been the perfect week. And next week is our anniversary so I can't wait to tell you about that. Oh, and here are pictures of us in Josh's new tent too. Sorry, this is a super long "epistle" as Tyson calls it.














Hope you enjoy, I hopefully will write again soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. ahhh! so many pictures! I love it! you guys are an adorable family, and chris said "cami and papo having matching bellies :) (in a good funny way of course...you're really not papo size :)) no offense to papo...crap, i feel like i'll offend someone no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You survived! Wow! I won't travel without my husband at all. I did it once by myself and swore up and down NEVER again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a lot to pack into one post. :) It looks and soundss, though, like you had a great time. But we're glad to have you back here, but I bet not as much as Tyson. :)

    ReplyDelete