Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference

As always, I really enjoyed General Conference (www.lds.org). I have to say that I am so thankful for the internet because that way we could stay home and watch it while Josh took a nap so that we could actually watch it. When he was awake though, I tried to pay attention. I just have to say that I love the Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He is so sweet and funny. It is kind of weird in a way that so many of the apostles have died while I have been alive. I didn't actually learn the apostles until I was probably in high school, but even since then 7 new apostles have been called when others moved on to the other side of the veil. I am excited for the opportunity to get to know this new apostle, Elder Neil L. Anderson.

Anyways, my favorite quote from Conference was this:
"Fear not, be of good cheer, the future is as bright as your faith." -President Monson

1 comment:

  1. I too am so appreciative of conference on the internet. Jason and I have made it a tradition to watch conference each night after the kids go to bed during conference weekend, and the few days after. We are so fortunate to be able to watch it all and actually get something out of it, without having to battle the kids.

    Did you get the e-mail sent? Hopefully it helps a little bit.

    ReplyDelete