Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So long





Just some random shots for all to enjoy... the ones that are actually good are ones Tyson took while he was watching Josh while I was in the temple a few weeks ago. They are both so good to me.
It has been a long time since I have written. It is always hard for me to write to the puplic when I am not happy. But finally tonight, I am happy and thoughtful, the two best things for a writers mind in my opinion. Not to mention, I just baked some brownies, yum. So, let me explain the last few weeks. I have been really busy with work, my three classes, being a mom and wife, etc. If you have read Kenni's blog you know that we tried to fly out to Utah a few weeks ago and EVERYTHING was going wrong. So we bought tickets again for last weekend. And we did go, everything went great and Delta was so opposite from our last trip and was wonderful and kind and it was great. Josh flew splendidly and all was grand. I am sorry to everyone in Utah because I did not tell anyone we were going to be there. My grandma was really sick and I wanted to spend time with my family, especially since we could only be there for a few days. Then the day before we flew out, Thursday, October 2 at 4:05 pm Utah time, my grandma slipped from this world to the next one. It was exactly a day later that Kenni, Josh and I arrived. So I never got to see her again after KJ and Court's reception, but I suppose that is best. I don't handle death very well and it hurts me really bad to see the people I love in pain. I haven't really cried yet about it, maybe because I know she would have hated to have been fussed over, and she knows that where she is now is much better and she is much happier. But if any of you heard bag pipes on Sunday afternoon, they were playing for her. She loved the Scotts and their music. I miss her, but I have my memories and that is all I need and want. I hope she knows just how much she meant to me and that I love her. I am glad I went and I did have a great time with my family. The girls hung out a lot, and it is so weird having so many sisters now, it is so much fun. I still find it rather amusing that I always told myself one day I would get a big sister when my brothers got married or maybe the guy I would marry would have a sister older than me. Funny, but I am still the oldest. I don't feel like it though, which is good. I'm glad I am pretty immature and silly, otherwise my maternal side would completely take over and I would be an old ninny. Hehe, anyways, enough of my rambling...just thought I should write and say something. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you all.

1 comment:

  1. Cam,
    That almost made me cry. My grandma passed away last year. Even though she was really old and it was surely her time it was still sad. I bawled during her whole funeral just knowing that she was really gone. I'm sorry the airlines messed things up for you. I wish you could come out and visit again. We'd all love to see you. So good to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete