Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Visitors

Spring has been coming out in full force here. I will post some pictures when there are not so many little hands to yank on cords. This morning Caleb and I walked outside to see if we could see Tyson coming back from his morning walk and we came face to face with a raccoon! Needless to say I was totally freaked out, but it just ran off. Caleb loved it though. Then Josh and I saw four deer walking through our yard this afternoon. Talk about a very animal filled day. You would think we lived in the country...okay we kind of do, but still, it is in a town, just a small one.

I much prefer deer and raccoons and the occasional cat to the freaky bugs that surround this place. The other night I was brushing my teeth and suddenly this bug (my arch enemy- it looks like a giant centapeed mixed with a spider, seriously gross) likes jumps onto the counter. I'm not sure if it came from the drain or behind the faucet, but I have never been so scared. Thank heavens Tyson was there, otherwise I think I would have spit on it, toothpaste and all. Do you think that would have hurt it?

We have had a lot of friends come over lately. Not the animals and enemy bugs, I'm talking about real people. ;) Of course, Zuri comes over almost every day and she is always fun. She and Caleb remind me of twins, they scream with excitement every time they see each other. We hung out with Carter and Jacob last week which was way fun. I have to admit though, I thought I was losing my mind between the names Josh and Jacob and Caleb and Carter. Hehe. Yesterday we hung out with Leo and Ethnie which was lots of fun. Josh even invited them to stay for lunch which was quite precious. I'm glad he is so kind and I got to eat mac and cheese because of it, so cool. And then later Tommy and Jack came over. Jack and Josh got in a little fight, which was the funniest thing ever. Josh called Jack a princess and Jack basically lunged at him. Their personalities make me laugh so hard, especially since they are both so young. Then I was building stuff with waffle blocks and Josh asked me if I was building the temple. Then Tommy said, "the house of God?" It was so funny and adorable!

So anyways, I had to write these things down so I don't forget and because they make me laugh. Plus I haven't written in forever and I need to write about something. And my life is surrounded by children, so why not write about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment