Monday, June 14, 2010

Joshua and Caleb

I find that I am a feast or famine type person. For weeks sometimes, I won't eat much, and then I will eat like there is no tomorrow, for months. I am kind of like that with talking and writing. I will be quiet and not say much and then suddenly, you won't be able to shut me up. Judging by my lack of posts until just now, I see that I am babble blogging. I wonder if that is an actual term?

So I wanted to write about my little boys, and hopefully I will be able to post videos of them later.
Joshua: The riot of my life, he makes me laugh so much. He has started everything! He forms sentences, switches back and forth from third to first person when talking about himself (which is very humorous), and mimics whatever other people say, which has gotten slightly dangerous. Today he has stated saying "oh my dear gosh." I don't know who says that, I don't think it is me, but he has said it at least a hundred times this morning and I don't like it, even if it is kind of cute, it just sounds like he is going to swear. This is how he asks for something: "Mama, Josh please have some water" and his new favorite "Mama, Josh please have some pink milk." Pink milk is strawberry milk in case you were wondering. He also refuses to let anyone help him pray, he wants to do it all by himself. I love hearing his prayers, this morning he prayed that Mama would let him have pink milk. How do you say no when your kid prays for it? He also pretty much learned the first article of faith when he realized the Bishop will give him candy if he says it. He also growls, a lot, and says "josh linon" (meaning lion). He is so full of energy and sweetness and love. He is in desperate need of a haircut again though.

Caleb: Unlike Josh's mop, Caleb has just a tiny blonde fuzz, but it is adorable too. He smiles pretty much constantly. In like a week and a half he has developed and almost mastered crawling. He loves being able to get where he wants. Josh still hasn't even gotten mad when Caleb crawls into and messes up his toys. Caleb just loves Josh, he laughs everytime Josh growls, which annoyingly only encourages Josh. :) Caleb is learning to give kisses, clap his hands and wave goodbye. He says Dada all the time, especially when everyone is singing, like in church yesterday and Caleb was belting Dada over and over again and very proud of himself. He loves to lean backwards to look at people upside down. I should try it sometime because apparently everything is much more enjoyable that way.

So yes, I think I am done blogging now for a little while at least. I think I might just flip upside down on the couch now and laugh, I think Kenni, Heather, and maybe even DeAnna will understand. I'm not sure if I ever succeeded in getting Tyson to do that with me, it is just so hilarious. So if you are ever bored, flip upside down on the couch, let your head hang over the edge and laugh, you won't be able to stop and it is so fun. :) Anyways, i think I am done writing my rambling thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. Your kids are so stinkin' cute!! I can't wait to see them again and see little Caleb crawl. You're a good mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and the whole laughing thing upside down, yes and especially when you let your hair hang over. I hope you did laugh! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stories about Josh. Owen also calls it pink milk! If only Owen was enticed by candy, perhaps I could get him to say his articles of faith...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't you, Kenni and Abby used to lie on the stairs with your heads upside down and laugh uncontrolably?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I officialy can't wait to see you guys!! :) just a few more weeks!! :) and btw... hopefully mom will stop lecturing me if i lay upsidedown on the couch now... :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. so kj totally does the feast fast cycle with food too! except i call it the binge cycle...haha. that is funny you do that too! but i love all the updates about josh and caleb! and i totalyl understand about being upside down and laughing on the couch--i had forgotten about that, but it is so fun! --courtney

    ReplyDelete