Tuesday, September 27, 2016

That Picture on the Wall

Have you ever had something around you for so long, you kind of forget it exists?  Like you walk by that picture in your house so many times that you don't even know it is there.  But if it goes missing it is like there is a vast hole in your universe, but you aren't even sure why for a minute?  Sometimes I wonder if I get like that about my Tyson.  He is always there, well, technically, he is gone a lot, but his presence is a sure thing.  I know he will come home everyday.  I know he loves me.  I count on him for so much.

But do I really notice him?

So I am sitting here, on the couch opposite from him, and I am looking at him and thinking, "I haven't REALLY looked at him in a long time."  I mean, don't get me wrong, I check the guy out on a regular basis, I hooked a good one.  But I haven't studied him in a long time, really enjoyed who he is, wondered what he is thinking or how he thinks.

I think it is good for us to take a step back every now and again, or every day if we can, and enjoy all the things that surround us.  Enjoy that view out your window, even if it is just of a dirt lot.  Appreciate your flooring, because at least you have a floor and it holds up your feet every day.  But especially take a few minutes to appreciate the people in your life.

I get it, they aren't perfect.  Your coworkers may drive you batty, your roommate may snore, your kid may throw tantrums or constantly stain every article of clothing you own, and your spouse may know your flaws and quirks so well they know just how to get under your skin.  But man, those people are wonderful aren't they?  How empty and off-center your life would be without them.

I would so miss how Tyson talks to himself or teases me for hoarding my candy and/or eating it so quickly no one else can.  I know I am really lucky that I have a husband that endlessly cherishes me and wants to make me happy.

Tyson, don't worry, I don't think you are just some artwork on the walls and I really do notice you.  I just don't stare at you enough and I know I don't appreciate you enough.  So thank you and I love you, crazy amounts.

I would say sorry for the ramblings, but I'm pretty sure you are used to that now.  So I'm not sorry.  I really like my husband, I want the world to know it, and I hope you all take a few extra minutes to think about and be grateful for the people in your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment