Monday, February 3, 2014

Six Months Young

 
My little baby is getting so big so fast!  He turned six months old today.  And what a cute little person he is becoming.  I mean, we have had a rough road getting here, but maybe that is why every smile seems so extra precious to me.

I really can't complain, because little Andrew isn't horrible and he doesn't have serious health issues, but I have realized that near constant sadness, crankiness, irritability of one of my kids for an unknown reason will drive me completely bonkers.  I think I held it together pretty good, but there were many moments that I felt very un-Cami and so horrible to be around.  We never went anywhere because if you messed with his schedule (or lack thereof), then well, you could kiss any what would have been happiness from the little guy, goodbye.  He puked constantly, seriously, I would pick him up.  Puke.  Set him down, clean it all up, clean me up.  Pick him up.  Puke.  Or he would just puke while he was laying there.  I changed what I ate, drank more water, tried not to move him at all after feeding him, nothing worked.  Well, not eating chocolate helped, and I really did try.  Blast Caleb and his tattle telling.

Caleb: (whispering) "Andrew, I am so sorry, I saw Mom eat a Hershey kiss.  You are going to puke and be so sad now.  Mom wasn't very nice to you."

Yup.  What a stinker. 

Anyways, I think little Andrew is finally outgrowing his pukey, cranky phase.  And believe me, it is like spring time.  I feel like dancing every time I get the kid out of his crib.  He still isn't the happiest of kids, but he is soooooooooooooooo much better.

He figured out how to roll over from his back to his tummy, and today he rolled back several times.  But I think he thought one of his big brothers rolled him back because it freaked him out and he cried a lot.  But so funny and so bizarre to baby proof things again.

He has the sweetest smile, with his one dimple, and he giggles, oh does he giggle.  And we have nicknamed him Tigger and Thumper since he is constantly bouncing and kicking, like seriously ALWAYS.  The other night I woke up to this super loud thumping noise.  So I follow the noise in the dark and what do I find, little Andrew curling up his legs and them throwing them down to make a loud thump in his crib.  Yup, wide awake in the middle of the night, just making noise.  What a boy.

So yeah, we all just love him to pieces.  All day long his brothers are kissing him, hugging him, tugging on him, or in Matthew's case trying to shove all kinds of things in his mouth or "swinging" him in his bouncer/jumper.  Seriously, he is one loved little fellow.

We are so thankful he has been with us these six months.  And my love for all the boys grows and grows.  How it works, I don't know, but I am so thankful and so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so close to you when I read your blog, our lives are so similar . And different . I miss you Cami. You are such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete