Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stream of Concious Basically

Life has been busy lately, so busy I really shouldn't be writing this, I should be doing something I can only do while the kids are sleeping, but oh well. I have been blog surfing, looking at all sorts of people's blogs, and most of them are about fashion, or decorating for some reason. I think it is interesting how different each of us are. When we were trying to decide what colors to paint in our new home, I got TONS of advice, all of which was different. It was nice, but I can't handle a ton of choices and I had a meltdown (that isn't something new). The wonderful Tyson said that I needed to stop worrying about it, I should do what I wanted, what I thought was pretty and stop worrying about everyone else. So I did, and I am so happy with what I picked. It isn't crazy and modern, or old fashioned, or anything, it is just simple Cami, and I am happy with it, really happy with it. I love that I get to make my home look however I want. Sometimes I see other people's houses, especially the newer married couples, where everything has a cute cubby and all the furniture matches and you can tell they somehow had money to buy it all and I get jealous. But then I think, I wouldn't want my own house like that anyway so why do I care? I like that my house is simple, I'm really excited for everything to get taken out of boxes and put away. :) I have been feeling kind of...not depressed, but melancholy, not quite myself lately. And this morning I woke up happy, and it is such a different feeling. It is so refreshing to be happy, to love life the way it is. I don't really know what I am saying, I just needed to write a bit, just to say that I am feeling happy and it feels good. I know it is the Lord that is helping me to feel this way, and His way is such a better way. I am so thankful we are all different and He loves me no matter what Cami I am being.

5 comments:

  1. Cami, I'm glad you are you!! And good decision about choosing what YOU want! You're gonna be the one living there looking at it everyday so you've got to LOVE it! I've had similar feelings and I just have to remember that it's okay that I don't have the interior design genes. So I've been doing it my way which makes it feel more like home. Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures *wink wink* Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cami,
    I love you, you are such a sweetheart. And I love your cute little house. I am actually a bit jealous that you have a house and are settled. Oh well, one day we will be there too. :-) You are also so lucky you guys get to stay in beautiful Buena Vista, I love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better. Buying a home can be so overwhelming and stressful. Then comes the unpacking and making it a home... It takes such a long time. And about the furniture, there's no need to have nice furniture with young kids. We were able to get a furniture set before we had children and it's been destroyed. So save up for what you want when the kids get older!

    So glad you're feeling happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're such a cute sister. I'm glad your paint ended up being just what you wanted. I'm sorry I never come visit. I'm lame. Glad youre happy today! I'm going running sometime in the wee morning light. I'll call when I go to see ifyou're awake. sorry if it's super early...like 5 or 6 early. I won't feel bad if you say no either. love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you're so happy now! I love your house and all the colors you chose. It just says "Cami!" Love it!

    ReplyDelete