Friday, May 8, 2009

Indexing

So I have had a few people ask me how to do Family Search Indexing, so here is how:

1. Go to www.familysearchindexing.org
2. Click on the right hand side of the page: "Are you new to Indexing: Volunteer"
3. Sign up and follow their directions from there

I should also tell you though, that you should read the tutorials and get the training certificate BEFORE you start indexing (it takes about an hour), it makes it a lot easier. Hehe, I speak from experience.

Now, I am not a pro at this, I just started doing it a few weeks ago and some of the handwriting can be really frustrating to understand. But it is really easy to do at the same time and it makes me feel so much better that I am actually doing something beneficial for our church, and for anyone needing family records. It may not be a lot, but it is one less thing someone else has to do, which makes me happy. Anyways, there you go. :)

1 comment:

  1. We have someone in our ward who does this as well. Not only does she do this, but she has helped many people in our ward update their temple work on the new system. She has literally spent hours, actually more like days, inputting all the work I've done in the past. She did this as a favor because I'm unable to get ANYTHING done with the boys around.

    Doing Family History work is the most rewarding work I have ever done! Congrats! You will receive so many blessings for your good works.

    ReplyDelete