Friday, November 14, 2008

The Exhausting Age...

So I don't think I have ever been so tired, and I know it is only going to get worse. There is nothing more wonderful to me than being a wife and a mother. But Josh sure can wear me out. He has learned to do sooo much in the past week. Let's see...he can:
-climb on the couch
-climb off the couch
-push off all the books, pictures, and anything else on the table next to the couch that he used to not be able to reach, but now he can
-he can climb/fall into the bathtub
-he can open the toilet lid
-he can flush the toilet
-he can find, and open tampons :)
-he can tear up my notes for class
-he can tear pages out of my scriptures
-he can take all his clothes out of his drawers (well, he has been able to do that for awhile, but he does it way more than usual now)
-he only wants to eat cheese and bananas
-he can stand up on his own
-take a few steps on his own
-open DVD covers
-climb on the couch and throw toys in between couch and the wall
-help me (kind of) clean up all his messes

Basically, it is an adorable age but I have kind of given up cleaning. The house is a total wreak and often looks like hurricane Joshua has just blown through, but it is a lot of fun. He is so giggly and full of hugs. I love being a mom, but that is what I have been doing for the past few weeks, just cleaning and trying to laugh off the destruction going on in my home. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cleaning and Scrubbing can wait till tomorrow.
    For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
    So quiet down cobwebs, and dust go to sleep;
    I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

    Love you,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete